Today I’m delighted to share with you Katherine Reay’s post in our fa-la-la-la-la Christmas giveaway.
This weekend I was off-line because my cousin got married. Family came to town and we celebrated an absolutely gorgeous weekend – full of love, laughter and Christmas. Both my girls decided that this was the season for a wedding – the music is amazing and red and green really set off a white dress.
And I have to agree – the wedding was a special topper to what I already regard as the best season of the year. Christ’s church is often referred to as his “bride” and to celebrate that in parallel with my cousin’s marriage was incredibly special. It gave me a deeper feeling of connection with the Advent Season.
I adore Christmas time. I love that Christ came to save us; I love that whether one finds significance in that or not, a feeling of love and kindness pervades our hearts, thoughts, and actions; I love that we are more “other” focused and really think about those around us and in need; I love that my kids are willing to play games, sit by the fire, share stories and time with their parents – and I have a soft mushy spot Christmas movies, books, and songs.
For the rest of Katherine’s post, be sure to go here.
The Christmas Blog Tour:
It’s easy to enter. Just use this form, but be sure to keep going for my extra giveaway!
– 12/10 – Beth Vogt: A copy of Somebody Like You or A November Bride (winner’s choice); a $5 Starbucks card
– 12/12 – Cara Putman: A copy of Where Treetops Glisten; B&B Works lotion
– 12/14 – Kristy Cambron: A copy of The Butterfly and the Violin or A Sparrow in Terezin (winner’s choice); a $5 Starbucks card
– 12/16 – Katherine Reay: A copy of Lizzy & Jane or Dear Mr. Knightley (winner’s choice); a Lizzy & Jane tumbler
– 12/18 – Katie Ganshert: A copy of A Broken Kind of Beautiful; an audio copy of An October Bride
– 12/20 – Courtney Walsh: A copy of Paper Hearts; Christmas artwork
– 12/22 – Melissa Tagg: A copy of Here to Stay; an It’s a Wonderful Life DVD
– 12/ 24 – Sarah Ladd: A copy of A Lady at Willowgrove Hall; a Pride and Prejudice DVD
*Winner announced 12/26. U.S. only please.
Just use this form, but be sure to keep going for my extra giveaway!
And here’s mine!