Today my friend Melissa Tagg is posting about her most un-favorite Christmas tradition:
I love lots of Christmas traditions:
Classic Christmas movies. (Somebody posted a comment on Facebook the other day asking if she’s missing out by never having seen It’s a Wonderful Life. It was all I could do to stop crying and pull myself together before replying.)
Christmas candy…especially candy that other people make. I tend to have issues when I attempt to make it myself. (Seriously, ask my family about Melissa trying to make peanut brittle. You’ll hear words like “smoke,” “charred,” and “how is the house still standing?”)
Christmas decorations. Snow. The candlelight Christmas Eve service. FAMILY.
But there is one Christmas tradition that has far too easily taken up center stage my past few Christmases. And I don’t like it. I don’t like it in a little kid, stomp my foot, stick out my bottom lip and go full-on Veruca Salt kind of way. It’s a little tradition I like to call…busyness.
To read the rest of Melissa’s post, click here.
– 12/10 – Beth Vogt: A copy of Somebody Like You or A November Bride (winner’s choice); a $5 Starbucks card
– 12/12 – Cara Putman: A copy of Where Treetops Glisten; B&B Works lotion
– 12/14 – Kristy Cambron: A copy of The Butterfly and the Violin or A Sparrow in Terezin (winner’s choice); a $5 Starbucks card
– 12/16 – Katherine Reay: A copy of Lizzy & Jane or Dear Mr. Knightley (winner’s choice); a Lizzy & Jane tumbler
– 12/18 – Katie Ganshert: A copy of A Broken Kind of Beautiful; an audio copy of An October Bride
– 12/20 – Courtney Walsh: A copy of Paper Hearts; Christmas artwork
– 12/22 – Melissa Tagg: A copy of Here to Stay; an It’s a Wonderful Life DVD
– 12/ 24 – Sarah Ladd: A copy of A Lady at Willowgrove Hall; a Pride and Prejudice DVD
*Winner announced 12/26. U.S. only please.
Just use this form, but be sure to keep going for my extra giveaway!
It’s easy to enter. Just use this form, but be sure to keep going for my extra giveaway!
And here’s mine!