Easter is only a few weeks away…and our pastor has been delivering a series of sermons on the Cross — how it is the crux of our lives. This week I’ve been thinking about how the Cross really is the point where everything is exchanged:
- Our sin is exchanged for God’s grace
- Jesus’ death is exchanged for our eternal life.
- In Jesus’ coming resurrection we find the gateway to being joint-heirs with Him.
- Because of the cross we can be adopted by God.
- Our pain is exchanged for healing.
- Where justice demands punishment, God extends mercy
- Sin is exchanged for a life dedicated to serving our heavenly King.
- A life of despair is exchanged for one of hope everlasting.