So most of you know I’m in the ninth month of my pregnancy. The body is showing signs that labor could be anytime. Maybe by the time you see this, I’ll be holding my little guy. That would be awesome. But in the effort of bringing some levity to the waiting here’s my top ten list of ways to know this woman is ready to pop….
- There aren’t enough Mr Clean Eraser Pads in town to keep me occupied.
- My hand constantly goes to my stomach: is that a contraction?
- Closets that haven’t seen the light of day in weeks are now organized.
- Daily trips to Wal-Mart because if the baby comes today, I don’t want Grandma to have to run there.
- Periods of absolute wiped-out-ness (I know, not a word, but work with me).
- The calendar becomes mysteriously clear…a non-event around here.
- Every other moment is punctuated by questions from the kids about whether I’m going to the hospital yet.
- I put off finishing sample chapters because that might signal the end of my to-do list.
- I parcel out chapters and pages in books I’m reading to make them last just in case.
- The only thing left to clean in the house is the blinds, but who wants to wrestle with those.
Don’t be surprised if at some time you seen one or more of these strange symptoms in one of my books. So, your turn…What did you do or have you seen in those last days leading up to a baby?